I got an email on the winners of the posters for the AORN conference.
I was not chosen as a winner.
I did not think I was going to be chosen.
I have stumbled onto poster making.
For the fall to do, I will learn how to make posters that are relatable and interesting.
I was told when I started making posters that I needed to have a hook in the title.
But all the winning posters did not have a hook.
All of their titles were dry.
The difference was that my title was not dry, although it was factual.
I will be spending a lot of time in the poster gallery when I go the conference next month.
Learning what it is that is a winning formula.
It is something to strive for.
I still think that if I’d gotten the data earlier than the day the poster was due I could have crunched the numbers and proved that the changes that we made to the immediate use steam sterilization proved to be statistically significant or not.