It’s been a minute, hasn’t it?
So much has happened, so much has not happened.
A quick recap (school only):
- I survived my last semester of my master’s program. This was a gift, really.
- the hospital system I was working with to do the in-person hours cancelled all in-person hours.
- I switched my education hours to online, with my instructors’ blessing.
- So many education hours, so many.
- I had to do 150 hours, I was at 104 when they decided that it was going online. I tapped out at 192.
- I received my graduation announcements the same day my governor instituted a stay at home policy.
- graduation was cancelled, to be done in the fall.
- I can’t stop learning, I thought this might happen
- My cap and gown and something else were shipped to my house, Fedex(!) , when the bookstore closed. The cap is now decorating the top of a lamp until I decide how I want to decorate it.
- My student loans have stopped accruing interest until September. I had had plans to pay off by the end of the year; these are still in place.
- The clinical ladder program at my work was suspended the week I was going to submit this year’s packet. I will be submitting when they allow it again. I was going to use the 7% bonus to pay off my student loan.
- I don’t think I am going to get to go to London, the big prize, this year as they have instituted a 2 week quarantine for anyone entering the country. EVERYTHING had been planned and paid for. Maybe in the spring.
And with all that, I am still contemplating further education.
I can get a certificate from the university with 1 more 16 week class in leadership.
I can look at DNP schools.
I can look at PhD schools.
I can decided between DNP and PhD.