Apparently, the antibiotic Cipro makes me mean.
I have had an absolutely shitty three weeks.
Let’s count down the reasons.
- Fall on my own stairs on Saturday fourteen days ago. Tripped avoiding the cat. Bruised the right side of my sacrum, tore/strained the top of my left calf. Still hurts with all the pain.
- Asked two different surgeons about my calf. Of course I believed the one who told me to walk, stretch, and it would be 6 weeks. The other one told me I needed to be in a boot and I would need physical therapy when I was done in six months.
- Bladder infection, first ever, thirteen days ago. All the symptoms, only resolved slightly on Bactrim. Went back to the doctor, urine culture done. She asked if I wanted to start antibiotics on Wednesday. I said no, to her surprise, that wasn’t good antibiotics stewardship. Only to have a positive culture that was resistant to Bactrim. Cue the Cipro course begun last Saturday, for seven days.
- I’m supposed to be doing clinicals right now for school. Last summer I sent in a paper where I had to sign to attest the school was responsible for finding me a preceptor instructor for the particular class. I reached out in week 2 to find out who my instructor would be. No instructor, I have to find my own and do my 75 hours of clinical instruction in five weeks. My first person turned me down, I will be going down my list looking for a preceptor. All the hours (unpaid) will be worked in the next four weeks.
- I got called out by my day shift counterpart for being too mean to our staff. I’m sorry, are you not there to work? Remember, I won’t ask you to do anything I’m unwilling to do myself and the list is short.
- Too many hours again this past pay period. Why do I do this to myself?